You should have several survival food kits in storage, no matter the situation. This article will review the 12 best survival food kits available.
With so much going on in the world these days, having emergency food in the house you and your family can rely on is essential. I’m not saying that the situation needs to be a zombie apocalypse. However, it can be situations such as floods or hurricanes. There are times when help cannot arrive at people’s homes on time. So, if a person has prepared for such a disaster, they can survive for a while before help arrives.
The 12 Best Emergency And Survival Food Kits
The good thing about survival food kits is that they can last for months and years, making them ideal for emergency preparedness because even if you don’t use them within a year, you will not have wasted your money. Therefore, you can start by checking out the following:
My Patriot Supply Food
These cans have black and white packaging that makes them look classy and unique. My patriotic supply offers a 10% discount for people with a military discount. This company stands out because it provides other emergency preparedness items like first aid kits, heirloom seeds, and water filtration seeds.
My Patriot Pros
- You don’t have to wait for weeks for them to deliver your supplies. My supply guarantees their customers’ delivery within two days, regardless of your state.
- Coffee is one item that every company should include because it stimulates people’s brains and gives them high energy levels. Unfortunately, many companies forget, but My Patriot Supply offers survival coffee.
- You don’t need to refrigerate the #10 cans even after opening them. They can stay for a year after opening but can last for 25 years when you don’t open them.
- Buyers are not limited to a certain amount of food. They offer different packaging and sizes of emergency kits like buckets, pouches, cases, # 10 cans, and ammo cans.
- My Patriot Supply offers people the luxury of scrambled eggs, which can last for a year after opening the pack. Furthermore, they can last for ten years when they are unopened.
- For meat lovers, you can get meat from the Protein Pack Kit that lasts for 30 years when it is unopened.
- Vegetables are an essential part of a person’s diet. You can get the Veggie Case Pack Kit that lasts for 25 years when unopened.
NuManna is different from other companies because they offer non-GMO and MSG-free products. The company packages its products into Defender Packs, Family Packs, and Combo Packs.
- Different flavors of NuManna pouches exist because of the variety of food choices.
- The Defender packs have organic grains, superfoods and are easy to prepare.
- Consumers can know the nutritional composition of their products because the information is available on the packaging.
- All their products can last for 25 years if they remain unopened.
- NuManna contains heirloom seeds, which you can plant at any time.
- NuManna ensures its high-quality products by packing them in zip-locks and heat-sealing them.
Many companies prefer dried foods because they can last for years without spoiling. But it would help if you had a lot of water to prepare these foods. Thrive Life offers freeze-dried products that don’t need water to prepare and still have the essential nutrients even after years of storing them. This company focuses more on the ingredients and nutrients than the meal.
Thrive Life Pros
- Freeze-dried products often don’t last as long as dried foods. But, Thrive Life stores their products in #10 cans that last for 25 years when unopened.
- People who are not used to cooking can easily prepare some of the meals with the help of the Thrive Life recipes.
- It’s challenging to find a natural source of vitamins in many emergency products. However, Thrive Life offers freeze-dried vegetables, which are a great source of vitamins. These vegetables include broccoli, zucchini, red bell peppers, and so much more.
- Thrive Life offers freeze-dried pork products like ham, sausage crumbles, and pulled pork. They store these products in cans because they offer proteins that other companies don’t provide.
Augason Farms Emergency Foods
Augason Farms started by producing Morning Moo’s Milk, instant milk that could last a long time. Over the years, they have progressed, and their products are widely available in stores such as Costo, Sam’s Club, WinCo, Associated Foods, and Walmart. Today, they focus on producing food supplies that can last for a long time.
Augason Farms Pros
- Augason Farms offers free shipping when purchasing their six-month and one-year supplies, unlike other companies.
- Augason Farms offers meal extenders, which they sell in four-gallon pails. These meal extenders include quick-rolled oats, long-grain rice, and pinto beans.
- Do you know how round pails waste space? Augason Farms produces square-shaped buckets that are easy to store.
- The #10 cans and pail bundles make your shopping easier than purchasing buckets.
- Augason Farms has all their recipes on every can and social media platform to help people prepare meals during an emergency.
- Their eggs and baking mixes last for 5-10 years, while the rest of the products can last up to 30 years when unopened.
- Augason Farms has cans that offer drink and soup mixes like the Apple Delight Drink Mix, South West Chili Soup, and Hearty Vegetable Soup.
- Augason Farms offers survival supplies, including hand wheat grinders, fire starter kits, emergency candles, and first aid kits.
Wise Company Emergency Food Supply
Wise is a company that offers all-around products that accommodate very individual individuals. They provide both freeze-dried and dehydrated foods for long-term storage and daily use. You can purchase their products for hiking and camping that come packed for families, couples, and individuals.
Wise Company Freeze Dried Food Pros
- Other survival pack kits available from the companies include emergency pet kits for dogs or cats and auto kits with jumper cables, solar panels, portable solar generators, and other items.
- The Wise Company’s long-term freeze-dried and dehydrated foods can last for 25 years or more.
- The Wise Company sells survival backpacks with different meals, while others include first aid and solar kit options.
- Since there is a disaster, it doesn’t mean that you will have to eat unhealthy foods that you have been trying to eliminate for the longest time. The wise company offers organic emergency buckets.
- Fortunately, gluten-free people can also take Wise Company products. They offer gluten-free products like freeze-dried meat, milk, powdered eggs, rice, fruits, and vegetables. Their emergency buckets also provide 84 servings.
Mountain House Emergency Food Supply
Mountain House started in Oregano by creating freeze-dried foods for the military. Over the years, they have supplied their products like their just-in-case emergency food supply to backpackers, preppers, campers, and hikers. They sell pouches, pro-packs, emergency kits, and buckets.
Mountain House Pros
- The Mountain House products are easy to prepare because you add water to the pouches or a #10 can. You wait for 8-10 minutes, and the food is ready.
- When you go on the Mountain House website, you will access a food calculator. The food calculator will help you estimate the amount of food you need based on the number of days and people.You won’t have to waste food because you can reseal Mountain House pouches.
- The Mountain House cooks their meals before freezing, and they can last for 30 years. The food taste will also be the same as on day one.
- Mountain House stores its products in attractive packages so that people can access them from anywhere. You can find the products on Amazon, Walmart, and outdoor equipment.
Legacy Food Storage
Legacy Food Storage formed the company in 2006, based in Salt Lake City. Legacy Food Storage is different because they sell emergency food at low prices and guarantee free shipping to every person within the U.S. The company has many group discounts and payment policies.
Legacy Emergency Food Pros
- Customers stay informed about the product they purchase because they can read about the pouches’ ingredients, allergens, and other nutritional information.
- You can also look at the cooking instructions in the manual when you are not sure about a product.
- Their products can last up to 25 years when they are unopened.
- Vegans and vegetarians will enjoy Legacy Food Storage meals. Many products are vegetable-based since they are slowly eradicating meat from their meals.
- Consumers can also access gluten-free products that come packed in 72-hour emergency supply kits, 16lb buckets, and sample packs.
- Legacy Food Storage sells beef and chicken bags that you can reseal. The bags can last for 10-15 years if they stay unopened.
Backpackers Pantry is a company based in Colorado that a group of girl scouts inspired. The company’s primary focus is on outdoor activities like camping, hiking, and backpacking. However, they also sell emergency supplies in # 10 cans.
Backpackers Pantry Pros
- Backpackers’ Pantry offers an upcycling option by recycling their packaging. The company has a prepaid packaging label that allows users to send the packaging back to the company or to recycle it. You can also send competitors’ products using Backpackers Pantry’s packaging.
- Customers receive free shipping when they spend more than $99.
- Backpackers’ Pantry has clear labeling that shows how to prepare and store products. The same information is also on the company’s website, which helps you decide whether you will buy them.
- Backpackers’ Pantry offers unique dietary options like vegan and organic meals. You can also request meals that do not contain gluten, soy, dairy, peanut, or tree nut ingredients.
- Backpackers’ pantry meals can last for ten years. Other products, such as high-fat dairy and granola, cannot last that long.
- Their pouches are also resealable.
ReadyWise Emergency Food Supply Adventure Bag
The ReadyWise company has an adventure bag that mainly serves people who focus on outdoor activities like camping, hiking, and backpacking.
- The adventure backpack can last for up to 15 years when it is unopened.
- People love that the adventure bag is a three-day food supply with 41 servings. Therefore, you don’t have to partition the products by yourself. The meals come organized as breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- People have various food options in the adventure bag, including trailhead noodles, beef, cookie dough bites, and Appalachian apple cinnamon cereal.
- The adventure bag is also portable and waterproof.
ReadyWise Long-Term Emergency Food Supply
ReadyWise also has emergency buckets that are for long-term supplies. The long-term emergency food supply comes in a two-bucket kit. The bucket kits contain 240 servings, serving a family for a month. However, the buckets can last you for four months if you are by yourself.
ReadyWise Food Bucket Pros
- The meals come partitioned, which saves you the effort of doing the partition by yourself.
- The meals contain a variety of nutritional foods like cereals, granola, southwest beans and rice, chicken noodle soup, mac, and cheese, among other foods.
- The Ready Wise long-term supply can last up to 25 years without losing taste when unopened.
- You don’t have to worry about stacking the buckets or breaking them because the bins are substantial.
4Patriots Survival Food Supply
It is difficult to find emergency meals that you can grab and place in your bag. However, the company, 4Patriots, has a smaller package, enough for one person. The product can last an individual for 72 hours and offers 16 servings.
4patriots Survival Food Kits Pros
- The 4-Patriots meal has portioned the product into three meals, saving people the time spent buying different products and portioning them into meals.
- The 4-Patriots bag offers various foods for the three meals, including mac and cheese, oatmeal, creamy rice, and vegetable dinner.
- The 4-Patriots company also focuses on giving people the required nutrients. The emergency bag contains 200 calories.
- You don’t have to worry about the food going bad. The meals can last up to 25 years.
S.O.S. Emergency Rations Bag
The S.O.S. offers portable bags that people can quickly grab and stock in their cars. The company manufactures the products to serve people conducting outdoor activities and preppers.
S.O.S. Emergency Food Ration Pros
- The S.O.S. rations have nine bars that you can easily partition. The bars also contain 3,600 calories to provide your body with more energy.
- The company guarantees people fast delivery services.
- The S.O.S. rations are quick and straightforward to prepare.
- The food bars can last up to five years under harsh conditions. However, the meals can last longer under normal conditions.
Things To Consider When Buying Survival Food Kits
- You can now order emergency supplies suitable for both you and your family.
- Consider the nutritional value or caloric content of each food kit collection.
- Whether preparing for or planning an outdoor activity, you must check the shelf life and whether a product loses flavor after being stored for an extended period.
- The number of servings in each pack is also essential, especially if you have a family to share and estimate the number of packages you will require.
- Finally, it is crucial to determine whether you can easily prepare a meal or follow specific steps to cook the food.
Many businesses have sprung up over the years to ensure that people are ready for such disasters when they occur. Companies also produce food for outdoor activities. They have created various food kits that people can use to survive, each containing a different type of food. It is, however, difficult to find a food kit that includes a balanced diet.